The question in animal welfare is can America ever stop killing millions of shelter animals?
Our belief is America CAN.
And to that end we have refocused our animal welfare organizations goal, to build a new animal welfare organization across America. It’s name is the American Companion Animal Network. Our short name is America CAN.
America CAN believes in America.
We believe that American’s are a kind people who love their companion animals.
We believe America no longer accepts the killing of millions of shelter animals every year.
America CAN believe’s that with compassionate leadership America Can end the killing of its homeless animals.
Further, we believe that the present model for animal welfare is broken. It must be updated for the 21st century. We believe that to achieve full adoptions in every community across America our animal industry must partner with each local animal shelter.
Shelters can no longer go it alone. Rescue groups can no longer run their organizations with little to no funding, begging for donations. Each community must come together to care for all the companion animals in its community. Each community must support and sufficiently fund their shelters.
The animal industry in each community can no longer sit on the sidelines, leaving it to welfare groups to do it alone. We believe the 21st century model must therefore be a community partnership model for each community across America. Ever community across America must build a nexus of organizations in their community of retail animal businesses, veterinary professionals, shelters, non-profit rescues, and government entities with the single focus to achieve 95% adoption rates in their community.
America CAN has 5 Core Beliefs. We believe that:
- America can compassionately care and protect from harm its companion animals
- America can adopt 95% of its healthy shelter animals
- America can adopt all its local rescue group companion animals
- America can feed all its hungry companion animals
- America can help all its seniors, military and families in need with their companion animals
To achieve our 5 Core Beliefs America CAN is bringing a new animal welfare model to local communities across America. America CAN is creating an alternative to the present animal welfare model in America.
And a national/local animal welfare organization that is focused exclusively on companion animals welfare and safety.
And the only national organization who has a set goal that every community build a nexus of organizations in their community of animal businesses, veterinary professionals, shelters, non-profit rescues, and government entities with the single focus to achieve 95% adoption rates in their community.
America CAN is a nexus of local animal businesses and non-profits working in partnership with local, city, county and State organizations for the care and welfare of its local citizens and companion animals.
Each local America CAN will be independent yet an affiliate member of America CAN. Each one will be local but have national marketing and program support.Each will have its own community name.
As example in our community we have created “Cherokee CAN”. Cherokee CAN is comprised of Cherokee County animal rescue groups, the Cherokee County animal shelter, Cherokee County Animal Control, the Cherokee County pet industry of pet retail stores, veterinary offices and other community family and animal welfare groups.
America CAN’s Top 10 Accomplishments?
- Gold Star rated by Guide Star the top national non-profit rating association.
- Rescued and adopted thousands of homeless and shelter dogs and cats.
- Awarded Humanitarian award from State Senate of Georgia.
- Awarded Community Citizen Award from our home base city of Woodstock.
- Forged good strong local and national business relationships.
- Hold monthly Board and community volunteer, advisory group and board meetings.
- Community Town Halls for input and direction on community animal welfare needs.
- We published our groundbreaking animal welfare book “Rescue Renew Rehome” It is available online on Amazon Books and Barnes & Noble, Books a Million and locally at book shops across America. This is a practical guide to show how to develop no-kill full adoption green animal shelters across America to greatly improve the success rate of adoptions in a community.
- Publish a weekly magazine.
- Provide emergency food and medical care programs.
Hello, My name is Steve Monahan and I am the founder and Executive Director of America CAN. and Green Pets America Charities. If you believe as I do that Americans are a kind people who love their companion animals. And you no longer accept the killing of millions of shelter animals every year. And that America CAN with intelligent, selfless and compassionate animal welfare leadership finally end the killing of its shelter and homeless animals then fill out our brief contact form below and lets discuss how you can establish a America CAN affiliate in your city or county.